My main site can be seen at www.ganderpoems.org Thank you! Enjoy! ~louis

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Picture Frames 2-18-09

Picture frames sure vary so,
whether big or small.
They all have work they need to do,
whether wide or tall.

Picture frames are so unique,
maple, oak or pine -
but focus not on picture frames -
they're merely for design.

Frames can border a photo.
Frames can border a place.
Frames can border a work of art
or frames can border a face.
---

When I was just a little boy,
(and though I was quite small),
a picture I remember well
was hanging on the hall.

I know my father put it there -
its place for many years.
There it was throughout my teens -
showed sorrow, pain and tears.

That picture was of Jesus
bowed lowly on His knees -
at a huge and solid rock,
near branches from some trees.

His hands were neatly folded.
Love flowed from both His eyes.
His head was tilted way, way back -
His face gazed at the skies.

Dark clouds had covered most the sky.
Moonlight rays had lit His face,
and seemed to put a glow around
this humble Man of grace.

For years, that picture on our wall
drew thoughts within my mind...
God sent on down, His only Son,
to sinful men, unkind.

I remember well, that picture.
I don't recall the frame.
So let us frame, that others see,
that they might know His name.

©2009 louis gander ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
http://www.ganderpoems.org/

-------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! (spam, URLs, and/or other inappropriate language will not be posted)