My main site can be seen at www.ganderpoems.org Thank you! Enjoy! ~louis

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Looking Up 11-25-09


Is forgiveness easy? Is love enough?
Why is living today so tough?
Some days are better , some certainly not -
when crying through pain a lot.

I go on living - remembering 'bad' -
with so many memories sad.
Oh, why is forgetting so awfully hard -
in blocking memories scarred?

If I could go back a number of days -
maybe had turned some other ways....
but nothing can change, as facts seize me tight -
these truths I can never fight.

Do I still cry out reserving my cup -
or drop it and tilt my head up -
to thorns on the head and nails in the hands -
of Jesus who still understands?

©2009 louis gander - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
http://www.ganderpoems.org/

-------

Matthew 26:39 (KJV) And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! (spam, URLs, and/or other inappropriate language will not be posted)