My main site can be seen at www.ganderpoems.org Thank you! Enjoy! ~louis

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Only One, Times Millions 9-2-08


I sit alone. The birds fly past.
They soar with wings, a world so vast.
I sit alone. A butterfly,
so beautiful, floats silent by.

I sit alone. The breezes blow.
They pass me by, but do not know.
I sit alone, the sky deep blue.
The clouds roll by. I think of you.

I sit alone. No child I know,
for you were taken, long ago.
I sit alone. Who is aware?
Who can change it? Someone care?

I sit alone, the world "removes".
The world ignores, the world approves.
I sit alone, but cannot stay.
The world forgets, so I must pray.

I go alone, just one more tear.
I cry out loud, year after year.
I go alone - now very weak.
I’ve no more tears for either cheek.

I go alone, with millions lost.
Oh, who can stop this holocaust?
I go alone, while one more throat,
is slit again. Who needs my vote?

I go alone. Nothing I say,
can bring you back to me today.
I go alone, but never you,
for you're with God. He saw you through.

only one deathly choice, times millions,
only one abortion, times millions,
only one tiny tear, times millions,
only one repenting, times millions,
only one work of grace, times millions,
only one act of love, times millions,
only one forgiving, times millions,
only one humble prayer, times millions,
only one faithful voice, times millions,
only one good work, times millions,
only one lonely vote, times millions,
- with only one almighty God - not millions…

©2008 louis gander ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
http://www.ganderpoems.org/

-------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! (spam, URLs, and/or other inappropriate language will not be posted)