My main site can be seen at www.ganderpoems.org Thank you! Enjoy! ~louis

Friday, July 28, 2006

The Candle 7-28-06



I know I'm but a candle, pulled from a little box,
And set among the thorns in this big ol’ world of rocks.
Being weary I sat down, in the shading of a tree.
And there in the shadow of my sin, I sat in misery.

I thought I had the answers, but didn’t have the spark.
I sat alone in torment, ignorant, cold, dark.
I was an unlit candle, worthless for anything,
Until one day I saw a light, from under thorns, a King!

I sat among the shadows – but saw a flicker in His Word,
And then that flicker whispered. A still, small voice I heard.
That Light had died for just three days, but showered me with grace,
As love was lit throughout the world, to all the human race.

As I stepped out and saw the light from under that old tree,
I was lit with flames of hope - which made me wholly free!
Yes, a strange thing happened. It happened long ago.
My ears could hear, my eyes could see, His warmth in all its glow.

My heart was lit and came to life. I’m but a humble light,
But with the flames from all of us, He shines so very bright.
I light the place where 'ere I go, it is my job you see,
-To be a Christian candle. There is nothing else to be.

©2006 louis gander ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
http://www.ganderpoems.org/

John 8:12
Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, “ I am the Light of the world;
he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."

John 12:46
" I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness.”

-------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! (spam, URLs, and/or other inappropriate language will not be posted)